The following office policies and the payment provisions described below are strictly followed. By consenting to treatment, patients accept these policies and agree to abide by them.
MBCA office hours are from 8:00 AM until 5:00 PM Monday through Friday. Saturday and Sunday appointments may be available depending on the therapist and upon request.
EMERGENCY & AFTER HOURS CONTACT
- In the case of a life threatening emergency, dial 911 prior to attempting to call anyone else.
- In the case of a non-life threatening emergency (defined as the need to make contact due to a serious emotional situation or crisis) please contact your therapist’s direct number. They will brief you on how to contact them at your initial appointment.
- Urgent calls will normally be returned within 24 hours between the hours of 7:00 AM and 7:00 PM Monday through Friday.
Additional numbers provided for safety:
- Suicide and Crisis Lifeline: Dial 988
- Nevada Crisis Hotline: Dial 211
- National Sexual Assault Hotline: Dial (800) 656-4673
- Phone messages are retrieved regularly during normal business hours. Please indicate the best time and direct number to reach you and a staff member will return the call as soon as possible.
- After 5:00 PM Fridays, phone messages are retrieved no later than Monday morning.
- For non-emergency correspondence that cannot wait until the next scheduled meeting, please use the contact us form.
- Emails are checked daily, excluding weekends.
PAYMENTS & INSURANCE BILLING
- Payment is due at the time services are provided.
- If your appointment is not covered by insurance, full payment or your insurance co-pay can be made via cash, check, debit or credit card. Master Card, Visa, or American Express are accepted.
- A $50 service fee will be added for any returned checks.
- If insurance is covering your treatment, the office must be made aware and also have a copy of your insurance card on file. Your insurance will be billed after each session.
- Most insurance companies require a co-payment, which is the sole responsibility of the client (or legal guardian) and is collected at the time of treatment. However, it is the responsibility of the client (or legal guardian) for all payments in the event that the insurance company fails to pay or pays less than the agreed upon amount.
SCHEDULING, CHANGING, OR CANCELING APPOINTMENTS
Once an appointment is made, you are expected to keep the appointment. Our office policy requires 24 hour notice (Monday through Friday) prior to the scheduled appointment time to avoid being responsible for the cancellation charges.
Cancellation calls must be made during normal business hours when the office staff is available. (Evenings, weekends and holidays are not considered normal business hours.)
If less than 24 hours is given, you will be charged the full $100 missed appointment fee because appointments generally cannot be rescheduled or filled on short notice.
The office cannot bill the insurance company for no-shows or late cancellations meaning that you alone will be responsible for the full $100 missed appointment fee regardless of the reasoning.
Kareo sends reminder texts/call/emails as a courtesy service for our patients. However, please keep in mind that regardless of the courtesy reminder messages, you alone are responsible for keeping your appointments and will be charged for missed appointments.