Dr. Diana Wright
Psy.D. and Executive Director
Dr. Diana Wright
Dr. Diana Wright began her mental health career as a social worker, transitioned to the clinical director for a mental health clinic specializing in domestic violence, before building her own private practice in Reno, Nevada in 1999. She has since dedicated her professional career to helping individuals, couples, and families improve their relationships and mental health. Dr. Wright is a solution-focused therapist with the goal to help patients uncover their true potential and lead a life that is worth celebrating. She understands that each individual is unique and comes with their own specific set of challenges. Dr. Wright is trained and certified in disciplines ranging from the Gottman Couples therapy to psychedelic assisted therapy in order to meet the needs of her diverse clientele. She also specializes in reproductive and fertility counseling for individuals and couples.
As her practice grew, Dr. Diana Wright saw a need in Reno for expanded private practice therapy services that could facilitate the growing population of patients and their unique needs. She opened Mind and Body Counseling Associates in 2016 and has grown it to more than 20 therapists. Dr. Wright hand-picks the therapists at Mind and Body to ensure there is a variety of approaches, styles, and experience to give patients choice when partnering with a therapist. It is important to her that each patient feels unique and heard so they can start their healing journey.
“While we can’t change difficult situations of the past, we can work together to better understand and resolve challenges in our patients’ lives. By applying integrated therapy approaches and techniques, we are able to unearth long-standing behavior patterns or negative perceptions that may be holding individuals back from experiencing a more fulfilling and meaningful life.”
– Dr. Diana Wright
Credentials and Certifications
- American School of Professional Psychology (ASPP), Hawaii Campus. Doctorate in Clinical Psychology, October 1996
- Certified Psychedelic Assisted therapist, California Institute of Integral Studies, San Francisco, June 2022
- MAPS Certified Assisted Therapy
- Certified Gottman Couples’ Therapist #145
- Certified Gottman Seven Principles Program Educator
- Certified Gottman Level I Instructor
- Certified Mind-Body Medicine – Harvard Medical School, 2001
Associations and Memberships
- Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS)
- American Psychological Association
- American Society for Reproductive Medicine
- National Association of Social Workers
- RESOLVE – The National Infertility Association
About Mind and Body Counseling Associates
Dr. Diana Wright, Psy.D is the founder and Executive Director of Mind Body Counseling Associates in Reno. In this video, she talks about the practice and why it is a valuable resource for patients in the Reno area. Mental health is a crucial component to physical health and quality of life. At Mind and Body we strive to meet the patient’s unique needs with a wide variety of skill sets and tools for healing.
Schedule a Session
If you are interested in learning more about our premier counseling services, call (775) 507-7222.